Department of Urban Engineering, School of Engineering
（Akito MURAYAMA ,Associate Professor, Rikutaro MANABE, Associate Professor, Ryoichi NITANAI, Assistant Professor, Takahiro YOSHIDA, Assistant Professor）
City General/Comprehensive/Master Planning, Land Use Planning, Urban Development, District Planning, Land Use and Urban Form Control, Planning Process, Sustainability Assessment, Machidukuri Degital Transformation, Information of City, Multi-Stakeholder Participation, Participation Methods and Tools
Main Research Topics
- Sustainable Urban Form and Environment
in Response to Climate Change, Disasters and Aging Society
- Smart Cities and Information in Urban Planning
Usage of Smart Technologies, Spatial Information, Big Data and Social Medias
- Growth/Shrink Management & Comprehensive Planning
Development and Evaluation of Municipal Urban Master Plans and Local Ordinances
- New Neighborhood Model for the Aged Community
with Elderly Care Services and Housing
- Major Amendment to the City Planning Act
for Livable Environment and Regional Land Use Planning
- Associate Professor Murayama will be moderating the International Climate Change Symposium “Responses to Climate Change and Future Society”Associate Professor Murayama will be moderating the International Climate Change Symposium “Responses to Climate Change and Future Society” (October 23,2023 – Tokyo, Japan)
- Your Places Stoly (2022) VideoThe introductory video of “Your Places Stoly in 2022: How to Use Episode?“, a Bunkyo Ward-commissioned research project conducted by Associate Prof. Manabe, has been completed. In 2022, we shared many of the stories gathered through the past practices with the participants, and then created new stories by participants. This was a practice of accumulating, developing, and utilizing MONOGATRI (episodes) as one of the contents of the community archiving.
- Climate Change Impact Simulations are Introduced on PLATEAUPLATEAU by MLIT Use Case: Smart Planning | UC_ID_3-020：A climate change impact simulation utilizing a 3D urban model is presented.
- Environmental Simulation Published in Kensetsu Shimbun TsushinProject Researcher, Yamazaki’s environmental simulation was published in the Kensetsu Shinbun News Letter.
- Associate Professor Murayama: Participated in a panel discussion on smart urban system designAssociate Professor Murayama participated in a panel discussion on smart urban system design at the School of Design, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA.